Master of Science in Information Systems – Bridge
Pivot to a career in technology
The MS in Information Systems–Bridge (MS in IS Bridge) program prepares students with non-STEM, non-technical bachelor’s degrees to become information systems professionals. Students become problem solvers who design groundbreaking software solutions that fit within the complexities of the business world and solve the humanistic needs of the people who use them.
The Master of Science in Information Systems-Bridge program addresses the needs of the digital revolution by offering students with a bachelor’s degree in a non-STEM or non-technical field an opportunity to earn a Master of Science in Information Systems. Students join the program from over 25+ non-STEM fields, including the arts, architecture, nursing, legal, and more. After completing three core courses, students gain the engineering foundation needed to excel in the classroom and in the IT sector.
MS IS-Bridge students are the link between business users and technologists. As industries launch into a digitized future, professionals with a clear understanding of how technology can be used to address significant societal challenges are in demand. The MS IS-Bridge program closes the gaps between business management, software engineering, and information technology to help students solve complex real-world issues in business and society. It also upskills and reskills to help individuals or businesses identify organizational skills gaps and create a tactical training plan to fill them with new skills and knowledge.
The innovative curriculum is broad and deep, helping students become problem-solvers who design groundbreaking software solutions that fit within the complexities of the business world and solve the humanistic needs of the people who use them.
• Designed for students with non-technical bachelor’s degrees to transform their careers in high tech
• No higher-level math or programming experience required
• Enables students with non-technical undergraduate degrees to evolve their careers alongside ever-changing technology and business fields.
• Offers a wide range of elective courses, allowing students to tailor their graduate degrees to individual and career goals.
• Provides an ecosystem of support made up of inclusive and diverse peers, the IS Bridge Buddy program, and workshops.
• Available full- or part-time
• Offers students with non-technical bachelor’s degrees an MS degree program specifically designed to enable them to become information systems professionals.
• Educates a generation of problem-solvers who design innovative software solutions to fit the complexities of the business world while solving the humanistic needs of the people who use them.
• In the Master of Science in Information Systems program at Northeastern, we have successfully placed many of our graduates at industry leaders such as Google, Microsoft, Deloitte, Oracle, and IBM.
• MS IS-Bridge students are hired for competitive co-ops and receive full-time offers across a range of industries and companies across the globe.
• According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for software developers is around $110,000, with employment projected to grow 22 percent from 2020 to 2030.
• The Bay Area metro region is one of the most well-compensated job markets for engineers, with the median income 119–122% higher than the national average. (CompTIA, 2022)